Amodei Announces August Veterans' Town Hall Meetings in Reno and Winnemucca
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Logan Ramsey, 202-225-6155
RENO, Nev. – Congressman Mark Amodei (NV-02) today announced he will host a veterans' town hall meeting in Reno on Wednesday, August 15th from 1:00 PM PT – 3:00 PM PTat the Washoe County Administration Building and in Winnemucca on Tuesday, August 21st from 9:00 AM PT – 11:00 AM PTat the Boys & Girls Club of Winnemucca.
"These town hall meetings are an opportunity for veterans to come out and discuss challenges, offer suggestions, and address their concerns – free of any agenda,” said Rep. Amodei. “In addition to thanking them for their service, these meetings will also be a chance for veterans to speak with VA representatives and hear more about the assistance my office can provide. If you’re a veteran in these areas, I encourage you to come out to learn about the ways we can best serve you.”
Reno Veterans’ Town Hall Meeting
- Date:Wednesday, August 15th
- Time:1:00 PM PT – 3:00 PM PT
- Location: Washoe County Administration Building in the County Commission Chambers located at 1009 East 9th Street
Winnemucca Veterans’ Town Hall Meeting
- Date: Tuesday, August 21st
- Time: 9:00 AM PT – 11:00 AM PT
- Location:the gymnasium inside the Boys & Girls Club of Winnemucca located at 1973 Whitworth Way
Representatives from federal agencies serving veterans will be present to provide information and answer specific questions:
- Reno Town Hall Meeting
- Lisa Howard, Director, VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System
- Reno and Winnemucca Town Hall Meetings
- Jerome D. Washington, Congressional Analyst, U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
Since joining Congress, Rep. Amodei has held regular veterans’ town hall meetings across Nevada in: Reno, Sparks, Elko, Carson City, Minden, Fallon, Fernley, Winnemucca, and Lovelock.
Please contact Tracy Spears in Rep. Amodei’s Reno Office at: (775) 686-5760 with any questions.