Washington Visitors: COVID-19 Closures
*Please click here for information regarding the 59th Presidential Inauguration.*
IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR WASHINGTON VISITORS: CORONAVIRUS CLOSURES
Until further notice, access to the Capitol Complex for individuals other than Members of Congress, their staffs, and credentialed press will be restricted. Please see the details below for additional information regarding specific tours. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and disruptions this might cause for you and your family.
As a follow up: If you have plans to reschedule your trip for later this year, please reach out to our tour coordinator (Peter.VanDePol@mail.house.gov) with your rescheduled itinerary so we can accommodate your future visit.
As always, please call my Washington Office at 202-225-6155 with any additional questions or concerns.
Capitol Tours: We have been informed by the House and Senate Sergeant at Arms that access to the Capitol will become limited starting March 12th, 2020, at 5:00pm. The limited access is anticipated to remain in effect until 8:00 am April 1st, 2020. Limited access includes no staff or public led tours of the Capitol building during this time. This is in an effort to protect the health and safety of Members, staff, and visitors. For more information: http://www.visitthecapitol.
- Tours will be hosted two days a week instead of five, on Friday and Saturday, from 8:00AM to 11:00AM.
- Number of guests is limited to 18% of normal capacity.
- All guests (ages 2 years and over) are required to wear a face covering and practice social distancing during their visit to the White House complex.
- Social distancing dots will be placed on the ground for guests during the check-in process.
- National Park Service, U.S. Secret Service Officers, and Visitors Office staff working the tour route will wear face coverings, gloves, and encourage social distancing when engaging with guests on complex.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in multiple locations.
Treasury Department: The Treasury building tour program is reviewing procedures to safely conduct public tours in the near future. When the implementation of these health and safety guidelines are in place, new information on how to schedule a tour will be updated on this website.
FBI: Starting Friday, March 13th, 2020, the FBI Building will be closed to all tours. They have not announced when they will reopen to tour groups at this time, but updates will be provided on this page as soon as they become available.
Bureau of Engraving and Printing: All Bureau of Engraving and Printing public tours have been suspended until further notice and the visitor center closed out of an abundance of caution as a contingency related to the COVID-19 situation. They are continuing to monitor the situation and will post tour and visitor center updates at www.bep.gov.
***As of March 12, 2020, please refer to the above information for all tours until further notice. Thank you. ***