Unemployment Insurance Claims
INFORMATION FOR CLAIMANTS AND EMPLOYERS
- Northern Nevada: (775) 684-0350
- Rural Nevada: (888) 890-8211
- How to bypass the Weekly Work Search Activity Page
- Claimants Frequently Asked Questions and COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Unemployment Insurance Benefits Tutorials
Information for Employers
- Employer Frequently Asked Questions and COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Use SIDES for Online Unemployment E-response
- Employees legally permitted to work in the United States
- Have completed federal I-9 process
- Employer must have paid into the UI Trust Fund
What information is required to file an unemployment claim?
- Names, addresses, phone number(s), and dates you worked for your last 2 employers.
- A list of names (corporate name) of all employers you have worked for in the last 18 months.
- If you are not a citizen of the United States, you MUST have your Alien Registration number and expiration date
- If you have been discharged from the Military in the last 18 months, you MUST have a copy of your DD-214
- If you have worked for the Federal Government in the last 18 months, you MUST have a copy of your SF-8 or SF-50
- Register for UI by filing your initial application to receive benefits. Upon completion of registration, a confirmation number will be displayed as confirmation registration is complete.
- Your claim begins the Sunday of the week you first file an application to receive unemployment benefits.
- Claimants will be expected to submit weekly filings to alert the state you are still unemployed. The filing week is Sunday through Saturday. Filing can be done any day of the week, available 24/7 online.
- A determination letter will be mailed via USPS to claimants with amount to be claimed, or notification of scheduled adjudication if more information is required to process your claim.
- A Bank of America visa debit card will be sent to the address on file within 7 -10 business days. Activate your card immediately by contacting the bank’s customer service number and selecting a PIN.
- The initial 7-day waiting period has been waived by gubernatorial directive, so funds should be available to claimants as soon as you receive your debit card.
Instructional videos on the above available on You Tube at: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKU0G2uxOM7AwxvSH-GyeQAgiwxHFzEdF
DETR encourages filers to review the videos before utilizing the telephone.
- Visa Debit Card Call Center 877-829-4130 or www.EPPICard.com
- For forgotten PIN, username or password visit our website or call:
- 775-687-6838 – Northern Nevada
- Technical support for online UI Claims – firstname.lastname@example.org
Informational materials are available on the claimant site at http://ui.nv.gov/css.html under “Helpful Resources” For information regarding the filing process, eligibility, reporting requirements, and benefit rights, please refer to the Nevada Unemployment Insurance Facts for Claimants booklet . For information on how to navigate the site, please refer to the Claimant Guide to Online Filing