Service Academy Nominations FAQ
Dear Academy Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in a nomination to one of our nation's prestigious service academies. I have enclosed an application for nomination; please complete this form and return it to:
The Honorable Mark E. Amodei
Attention: Debbie Balsinger
5310 Kietzke Lane, Suite 103
Reno, Nevada 89511
In addition to your completed application, please submit the following information:
- Current photo (2 1/2” x 3 ½” headshot – Professional Attire Recommended)
- OFFICIAL High school transcript in a sealed envelope
- American College Testing Program (ACT) results and/or College Board Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) results
- Resume of extracurricular activities
- An essay stating why you want to attend a service academy (500 words or less)
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation
- Completed and signed application
- Completed Academy Application on Academy Portal
- Any miscellaneous information you wish to provide for consideration
The deadline for submitting application packets, including the above items, is Thursday, Oct 28, 2021 at 5:00 PM PST. No applications will be accepted after this date. Please note that a nomination does not replace the admissions process or ensure your acceptance to a service academy. Students must contact the admissions office at each service academy to initiate the application process.
Additionally, applicants who submit a completed application by the Oct 31st deadline will be contacted with their scheduled time for Academy Interview Day (typically held the Saturday prior to Thanksgiving). Nevada’s Congressional offices work together to create the interview schedule, and will notify students of their interview time approximately one week following the application deadline.
If you have any questions, please contact Tracy Spears at (775) 686-5760. I commend you on your desire to serve our nation and wish you the best in your efforts.